Have you been arrested for carrying a concealed weapon in Cincinnati, OH? The time to begin defending yourself is now. Contact the Cincinnati carrying a concealed weapon lawyer from Suhre & Associates, LLC at (513) 333-0014 for help.
We’ll put our decades of experience to work to help you beat a conviction and keep your future safe. We offer a free consultation, so give our law office a call to get started today.
Table of Contents
How Suhre & Associates, LLC Can Help You Fight Charges For Carrying a Concealed Weapon in Cincinnati
Being charged with unlawfully carrying a concealed firearm in the state of Ohio can have a devastating impact on your life. Fortunately, assistance is available. When you hire a skilled Cincinnati criminal defense lawyer from Suhre & Associates, LLC, we will defend you against your weapon charges by:
- Working to bail you out of police custody
- Consulting with relevant experts about the details of your case
- Searching for evidence that may help your case
- Providing you with sound legal advice as needed
- Helping you understand how the criminal justice system functions
- Negotiating a plea bargain deal with the prosecution
- Presenting evidence on your behalf at trial, if necessary
Over the years, the experienced lawyers at Suhre & Associates, LLC, have helped countless Ohio residents fight back against their gun charges – securing numerous favorable verdicts in the process. If you want to have us stand up for you, all you need to do is give us a quick call or contact us online.
Carrying a Concealed Weapon in Ohio: Understanding the Law
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution gives Cincinnati residents the right to keep and bear arms. However, the Buckeye State retains the ability to limit where and how its citizens may use their guns. For that reason, a law enforcement officer can place you under arrest for carrying a concealed weapon.
Section 2923.12 of the Ohio Revised Code explains that it is unlawful for a person who does not possess a concealed carry permit to have one of the following items hidden on their person:
- A deadly weapon, other than a handgun
- A handgun, other than a dangerous ordnance, or
- A dangerous ordnance
This statute further notes that it is illegal for people who hold a concealed handgun license to:
- Fail to inform a law enforcement officer that they have a concealed handgun
- Fail to keep their hands in plain sight when stopped by a law enforcement officer on a public road or highway
- Remove or attempt to remove their gun from their holster or pocket without permission while interacting with a law enforcement officer
- Fail to comply with any lawful order issued by a law enforcement officer
Are you facing criminal charges for allegedly violating Ohio’s concealed carry laws? If so, please get in touch with the team of experienced gun crime attorneys at Suhre & Associates, LLC, in Cincinnati. Our team has the legal skills and statutory knowledge required to help you make it as challenging as possible for the state to convict you.
Penalties for Carrying a Concealed Weapon Convictions in Ohio
When Ohio residents unlawfully carry a concealed weapon, they almost always receive hefty fines and lengthy terms of imprisonment.
The specific nature of a convict’s punishment depends on the severity of their initial crime:
- Felonies of the Third Degree: Up to 60 months in state prison and a fine of as much as $10,000
- Felonies of the Fourth Degree: Up to 18 months in state prison and a fine of as much as $5,000
- Felonies of the Fifth Degree: Up to 12 months in state prison and a fine of as much as $2,500
- Misdemeanors of the First Degree: Up to 180 days in county jail and a fine of as much as $1,000
- Misdemeanors of the Second Degree: Up to 90 days in county jail and a fine of as much as $750
- Misdemeanors of the Third Degree: Up to 60 days in county jail and a fine of as much as $500
- Misdemeanors of the Fourth Degree: Up to 30 days in county jail and a fine of as much as $250
At Suhre & Associates, LLC, we have been helping Cincinnatians battle to avoid prison and jail time for years. We know what it takes to persuade an impartial jury to acquit our clients. If you would like to have our firm assist you with your criminal case, please give us a call today.
Defenses Against Ohio Carrying a Concealed Weapon Charges
During our long legal careers, the attorneys at Suhre & Associates, LLC, have seen and used a wide range of defense strategies in weapons crime cases.
We have found that defendants tend to achieve the most favorable outcomes when they:
- Prove the police located the weapon during an illegal search
- Claim the state does not have sufficient evidence to prove its case
- Prove the item in question was not a deadly weapon
Our attorneys have an in-depth understanding of the gun laws in Ohio. If you would like us to use that knowledge to help you develop an effective defense strategy for your carrying a concealed weapon case, please give us a call as soon as you can.
Your Skilled Cincinnati Carrying a Concealed Weapon Lawyer
Do you need a seasoned Cincinnati carrying a concealed weapon lawyer to help you stand up to a prosecutor from the state of Ohio? If so, please reach out to the team at Suhre & Associates, LLC, today. We are intimately familiar with the justice process, and we are ready to go to battle for you.