If you have been arrested, or are under investigation for a drug possession in the Cincinnati, Ohio area, then you need the counsel of an experienced criminal law attorney as soon as possible. Often times, the sooner you have a qualified drug crimes defense lawyer in Cincinnati working on your case, the better the long-term results will be.
It’s likely this is your first arrest so you may not know what to expect of the Ohio criminal justice system. You are probably frightened when you think about how this event will affect your future. You may even be surprised to learn how severe the penalties are for all kinds of drug offenses.
In Ohio, many drug charges are felonies, but even possession of a small amount of marijuana can cause a 6-month drivers license suspension. At Suhre & Associates, our goal is to achieve the best possible outcome for your particular situation. And we typically look at four different scenarios for each drug possession or related case.
- Investigate whether your rights were violated so charges can be dropped.
- Take your case to trial if the prosecution’s case is weak.
- Negotiate plea-bargain if the prosecution’s case is strong.
- And if possible, we are often able to help our clients find resources for rehabilitation or treatment – instead of jail time.
We take a personal, caring approach that prioritizes our clients’ overall well-being as well as their legal rights and interests. We have helped many people get the help they need to cope with problems and pursue a more productive future.
We represent clients who have been arrested and charged with the following drug crimes:
- Possession of Controlled Substance (PCS) – such as cocaine, marijuana, ecstasy, methamphetamine, heroin, prescription drugs, etc.
- Trafficking of Controlled Substance (Sale/Distribution) – such as cocaine, marijuana, ecstasy, methamphetamine, heroin, prescription drugs, etc.
- Possession with Intent to Sell Controlled Substance – such as cocaine, marijuana, ecstasy, methamphetamine, heroin, prescription drugs, etc.
- Possession of Marijuana
- Marijuana Cultivation
- Trafficking of Marijuana within school zone
- Manufacturing Methamphetamine
- Possession of Methamphetamine Precursor
- Possession of Forged Prescription
- Prescription Drug Not in Proper Container
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (felony & misdemeanor)
- Seizure of Assets relative to Drug Trafficking
- Federal Drug Charges
Ohio Drug Law Penalties
Felony drug offenses also have the potential to result in forfeiture of money or property. Driver’s license suspension is a mandatory in drug possession convictions, and the penalties only get more severe with higher quantities of controlled substances or charges of trafficking or possession with intent to sell.
Drug charges can have severe consequences, including forfeiture of property and incarceration. Consulting with an experienced attorney for advice on how to proceed is essential.
If you are facing drug charges, a knowledgeable attorney at our firm can help you navigate through the issues involved in this complex area of law. Call the Cincinnati Ohio Drug Possession and Trafficking Criminal Attorneys that concerned family members and friends have relied on for years.